Friday, April 13, 2012

Assignment 17: Research and Inspiration!

Research:
Combination mark (AKA Combimark!)- a graphic that includes both text (the company name) and a symbol/graphic.

Well, I hit the jackpot with the Pantone 2012 spring color forecast. The color Margarita (14-0116) looks fantastic for green, but maybe just a darker shade would be good.

So let's keep it simple; this is still a logo, right? But let us also use the Pantone spot colors, so really...it needs to be simple.

I'm going to start with...
-Three Tree Landscape!

I'm thinking it would be good to include not just grass, which I'm seeing a lot of, and not JUST trees, which I'm also seeing some of, but find a way to make it all come together in landscaping in general. Maybe some pebbles, flowing water, and trees?

Visual hierarchy:
1. The company name
2. Pebbles/water
3. Three trees~

Colors?
-margarita-ish
-a grey-blue that could do both water and pebbles? Or...
-a simple green for the trees, and...I have no idea.

Inspiration:
The incorporation of an actual landscape is nice advertising, and it leads the eye from the graphic down and back up to the company name, or even the other way around.


Aw, well...there are three trees, but I'm not looking at that! I'm looking at the use of color and texture on the trees, while it is still simple enough and put together to have a glance and go.

This is one of the cutest combimarks in the world. It has a theme that's fun and young, but is also simple and easy to understand while appealing to a new generation of home owners.

I absolutely love the simple look to the design. It shows water, grass, and mountains (with, of course, the sun!) and the papyrus font even helps keep it clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment