Monday, March 5, 2012

Assignment 15: Research and Inspiration!

Illuminated Manuscript!

Research-
Illumination- the paper background and border design, colors, theme
Initial Cap- huge first letter of the text, theme with design, same colors
Text- a song, poem, story, etc.

Used for religious text, very ornamental, hard to make

Inspiration-
-Water themed: fish, ocean waves, scales
-Color scheme: Monochromatic-- blue blue blue blue blue! And gold.
This has a really simple illumination that I like, and the initial cap has a beautiful color and water texture

I absolutely love this illumination. It has a gorgeous design and the leaf and vines work well with a simple smaller background. And I really like how each line of text is separated and has smaller initial caps and fonts/designs within. It is simple and neat, but still appealing and easy to read

I like the scales and different colors within, as well as the design being contained in a shape (the 'O'). The colors are also nice and simple...soothing, almost.

And last...
This layout is beautiful. I love how intricate it is, and how it does not surround the whole body of text, but instead has bracket-type look to it. And the added illustration on the right is nice, and keeps things simple. I also like how the initial caps really blend in with the illumination.


Wish me luck...!

No comments:

Post a Comment